“Creativity with connections that count”
- Choose New Zealand
- Main Campus is in Greymouth, with specialised campuses in Auckland and Christchurch. Courses from Level 1 – 7 that serve the needs of their community, with some specialisations.
- Innovative, quality, and vocational education for learners with niche specialist industry training. Employable graduates who are work ready for a diverse and changing global economy. Auckland is a cosmopolitan centre, and the West Coast is a quiet wonder with untouched and wild landscapes.
- The region has wonderful local resources, and provides excellent courses in Outdoor Education, Ski Patrol, and Jade carving. It also specialises in Music and sound production, and courses related to the music business, such as Event Management, and Business Enterprise.
- MAINZ (Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand) is a department of TPP, with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch-offers a range of programmes covering all aspects of music industry. Our excellent facilities include professional recording control rooms and studios, computer suites, hi-tech rooms, and rehearsal and performance spaces. MAINZ is known for music and audio.
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- Graduate outcomes show significant gains in transferable skills and knowledge with high course and qualification completion rates. The majority of full-time students gain employment in a related field.
- Student evaluations indicated a high level of respect for, rapport with and support from the tutors, and TPP has instigated teaching excellence awards for high-performing staff.
- TPP is described by staff members as an institute where students “tell us what you want and we’ll do it”.
- With the low number of international students, each student is known by staff, ‘as in a family environment’, with staff being proactive in identifying students’ needs.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic (TPP) provides quality tertiary education that meets the needs of West Coast students and businesses. Our popular West Coast programmes include tourism and hospitality training across the retail and service sector, outdoor education training, agriculture, extractive/mining, and specialist jade and hard stone carving programmes to name a few.
Established in 1989, the Polytechnic now trains around 6,000 students every year in full or part-time study options. Our aim is to get our students into real jobs in the local community, so we work closely with our industry partners and local employers to make sure we’re delivering the training needed to support the economic development of the West Coast.
Training is provided on the Coast through our campuses in Greymouth and Westport, with plenty of on-site training at various locations across the region to ensure our students are ready for work in the real world.
In addition to our Coast-based programmes, TPP also offers a wide range of national niche programmes at sites from Wanaka to Auckland, including:
- emergency management and search and rescue training through our Emergency Management Department;
- industry training including scaffolding, industrial ropes, rigging, and cranes;
- civil construction industry training;
- ski patrol training based in Wanaka.
TPP provides access to innovative, quality, vocational education for learners on the West Coast and in niche specialist industry training on a national basis.
TPP empowers students to succeedAdd to favourites Help me apply>