“Serving its community with savvy”
- Choose New Zealand
- Campuses in Napier and Auckland. Delivers a wide range of vocational programs from Level 1 – 8.
- Hawkes Bay, on the east coast, is strong in agriculture, with many vineyards and orchards, and tourism; Auckland is a bustling cosmopolitan city.
- There are a big variety of courses of interest to International Students, from Hospitality and Tourism at the lower levels, to Health Science, Nursing, Information Technology, and business specialities such as Wine Business, Management and Accounting at up to Masters level.
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- Reviewed for excellence in Student Achievement, Relevance of Programmes, Teaching Effectiveness, and Management direction.
- Their mission is to provide high quality, relevant and accessible tertiary education for the well-being of the region’s diverse communities. Have established a major vocational, applied professional and higher education programme portfolio.
- Strong student achievement overall, in terms of both completion of programmes and in work readiness. Highly effective teaching by competent staff that have industry or business experience.
- The International Centre plays an overall role in facilitating a welcoming and caring support system for International students with an environment conducive to academic success.
EIT are a New Zealand Institute of Technology with three campuses: Napier, Gisborne and Auckland. EIT offer programmes that have a practical focus, underpinned by academic theory. This balance of practice and theory provides students with the right qualifications, skills, and industry experience to help you achieve your career aspirations.
In 2014, more than 10,000 students studied at EIT, including 440 International students from 40 different countries. EIT staff members are committed to providing students with a high level of support. Small class sizes allow for EIT’s highly experienced and qualified, in order to guide students to achieve academic success.
To provide high quality, relevant and accessible tertiary education for the well-being of the regions’ diverse communities, the Institute has established a major vocational, applied professional and higher education programme portfolio.
In strategic direction, EIT has identified five priorities:
- Pursing success
- Enquiring minds
- Thinking smarter
- Flourishing people
- Being connected
WHY CHOOSE EIT:
- EIT was ranked as one of New Zealand’s top rated New Zealand ITPs for research in the Performance-Based Research Fund
- EIT is a Category One Institution as assessed by New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) under the External Evaluation and Review (EER)
- “Work ready” programmes lead to job opportunities after graduation
- Smaller classes and greater personal attention from teachers
- High levels of satisfaction from current international students
- Many qualifications have professional body recognition and the skills gained are internationally transferrable
- Excellent value for money- affordable fees and a lower cost of living in Hawke’s Bay
- Opportunities during your programme for part-time work
- Relaxed small city lifestyle with temperate weather and easy access to beaches, mountains, forests and riverrs for outdoor and adventure
- EIT’s Hawke’s Bay campus in Napier is arguably New Zealand’s most beautiful campus
EIT has three campuses: one in Napier known as the Hawke’s Bay campus; one in Gisborne known as the Tairawhiti campus and the newest campus is Auckland, known as Auckland Campus
Cycle trails, wineries, rivers and beaches make it easy to have fun in Hawke’s Bay, Art Deco weekend draws visitors from around the world, as does the annual outdoor concert at Mission Estate Winery
There are also plenty of bars and cafes to meet friends and other students off campus.
Gisborne is a relaxed coastal city; the first to see the rising sun of a new day anywhere in the world.
The city if famous for its beaches, sunshine and surfing. If you like to party, join 30,000 other locals and visitors at the annual popular Rhythm and Vines festival.
The city centre’s world-class shopping, restaurants, bars and galleries are encircled by wine regions, stunning beaches, pristine rainforest and the magnificent Hauraki Gulf.
Wherever you are in Auckland, from the Waitakere ranges to Mission Bay, from the Viaduct to Pokeno-you will find something special.
dents with the right qualifications, skills, and industry experience to help you achieve your career aspirations.Add to favourites Help me apply>