“Supportive & serving, because everybody is somebody”
- Choose New Zealand
- Rosmini College is a boys-only Catholic secondary school situated in Takapuna, on the North Shore of Auckland, with its own distinct community.
- The school promotes spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development and has high academic results from diverse student nationalities.
- Rosmini is strong academically, culturally and in sporting which leads to the all-round development of healthy young men.
- The college is in the top perctange of schools achieving NCEA across all levels (1, 2 and 3) – nearly 100% achievement!
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- The special Catholic character of the college underpins a holistic approach to educating young men and wellbeing is seen as a strength of the college.
- The principal strongly articulates a philosophy of educating the whole person, which is woven into the college.
- A significant feature of the college is a strong commitment to boys’ learning, developing leadership abilities, and promoting service to others based on faith and well embedded values.
- Learning programmes for international students support their integration into the wider life of the school. These programmes are well coordinated and underpinned by effective policies and practices to help ensure all aspects of student wellbeing are well managed.
Education is the development of the whole person
Rosmini College is a Catholic College committed to the philosophy of Fr.Antonio Rosmini, which stresses that“Charity fulfils the Law”. Essential Christian values are emphasised in the College’s archdiocesan and pastoral approach to student problems.
Rosmini College is to promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our pupils, and in doing so prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Rosmini College is a boys-only, Catholic secondary school situated in Takapuna, on the North Shore of Auckland, New Zealand. Though owned by the Catholic Diocese, the school is integrated into the state system, offering education for Levels 7 to 13, generally an age range of 11 to 19 years. The school limits its roll to about 1040 boys.
SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT:
Rosmini College is a learning community that requires each student to pursue his fullest potential in academic, social, cultural, spiritual and sporting activities.
We are also influenced by the three key concepts central to the thought of Antonio Rosmini:
- People must never be used as a means to an end – but as ends themselves.
- We must recognise the absolute value and dignity of the human person. A person is an individual who is aware that they are distinct from every other individual. They are a person because they have a God–given power to reason, and a free will to direct their actions.
- The third concept is derived from the first two and concerns education.
Situated in Takapuna, is a central coastal suburb of North Shore City, located in the northern North Island of New Zealand.Add to favourites Help me apply>