The New Zealand Diploma in Engineering (Electrical) (Level 6) aims to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills necessary for an electrical engineering technician, providing experience in technology transfer and application, complex problem solving skills, analytical thinking, and advanced technical skills. Possible careers would include Electrical Technician, Electronics Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Power System Technician.
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
Graduates will be able to:
- apply technical and conceptual knowledge to practical situations
- be confident, critical thinkers with the ability to solve problems within a broad engineering setting
- be effective communicators, with inquiring, flexible, creative and critical attitudes towards contemporary issues and underlying theoretical concepts
- appreciate management and information technology within the context of the qualification
- be aware of social, ethical and environmental issues and be able to work safely and effectively on and off construction sites and engineering workplaces and with people and communities
- be self-reliant and motivated for continuous learning and professional development
- function positively in bi-cultural and multicultural environment in New Zealand workplaces
- be ready to be employed in a relevant engineering environment to work towards the achievement of the New Zealand Diploma in Engineering Practice (NZDEP) and to meet the standard of competence expected of an Engineering Technician.
Electrical Technician, Electronics Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Power System Technician.
- Academic Equivalent of New Zealand High School year 12 completion.
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 or equivalence. No band less than 5.5
NOTE: Students holding a relevant Engineering qualification may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning, reducing the courses required, and total cost of tuition.
|Course Level||Diploma - Level 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Intakes||23 February, 20 July|
|Other Study Costs||$700|