The Diploma in Professional Cookery (with Internship) provides the essential knowledge and skills that are needed to undertake a career in cheffing, through hands-on practical cooking in a commercial kitchen.
Additional Qualifications Students will have the opportunity to gain internationally recognised City & Guilds Qualifications:
- City & Guilds 7065 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Art
- City & Guilds 7065 Diploma in Patisserie
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
Diploma in Professional Cookery Graduates will have a broad range of skills required in the catering/hospitality industry and will be able to contribute positively to this work environment. These skills will include:
- The ability to cook dishes with flair and creativity in a commercial kitchen
- The ability to cook dishes from fresh ingredients and to use a substantial range of preparation cooking methods, and finishing techniques
- The ability to cook a variety of dishes across each of the main food groups and types, using advanced techniques, multiple ingredients and differing flavours and textures
- Influenced by ingredients, methods and techniques, flavours and styles
- Specialised techniques in patisserie
Kitchen hand, commis chef, chef de partie, sous chef, head cook, pastry chef, kitchen manager.
- Academic Equivalent of New Zealand High School completion.
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 5.5 or equivalence. No band less than 5.0
|Course Level||Diploma - Level 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Intakes||February, July, September|
|Tuition Fee||$17,000 first year + $8,500 second year|
|Other Study Costs||$1,000|