The Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters (DipPP) will prepare you for postgraduate study at the University of Waikato’s Triple Crown accredited business school. The DipPP provides international students, who either do not have the equivalent of a New Zealand bachelor's degree or do not meet the requirements for direct entry, with an alternative pathway into the following postgraduate qualifications offered by the University of Waikato:
- Master of Applied Finance (MAppFin)
- Master of Business and Management (MBM)
- Master of Digital Business (MDigiBus)
- Master of Management (Marketing) (MMgmt)
- Master of Management (Supply Chain Management) (MMgmt)
- Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcct)
- Master of Information Technology
Delivered by University of Waikato College, the programme teaches the English language, academic literacies, and personal and professional skills students need to succeed with postgraduate studies at a New Zealand university.
Once successfully completed, students will gain entry to the Master of Business and Management or Master of Professional Accounting giving them the opportunity to study at University of Waikato’s Triple-Crown accredited business school, ranked in the top 1% worldwide.
Why choose the Diploma in Postgraduate Preparation - Pre-Masters?
- A pre-masters programme for international students at New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) level 7 - the same level as a Graduate Diploma.
- Direct entry to a number of postgraduate degrees once successfully completed.
- Accessible to students who have completed at least two years of tertiary study and have achieved a qualification that is at least equivalent to NZQF level 6.
- Expand your career opportunities and increase your earning potential.
- Academic and English language training from specialist teachers help you meet the University's entry requirements.
- Once you have successfully completed your postgraduate degree, you are eligible to apply for a three-year post-study open work visa.
- Entry requirements Academic: The equivalent of at least 2 years' full time successful tertiary study and a qualification equivalent to NZQF Level 6.
- English language: An overall IELTS score of 6.0 (with no less than 5.5 in any band) or equivalent. Check entry requirements page for more information.
- FOUND101 English for Academic Purposes 1 (15 points)
- FOUND202 Personal and Professional Capabilities (15 points)
- FOUND301 New Zealand Context and Society (30 points)
- FOUND201 English for Academic Purposes 2 (15 points)
- FOUND302 Professional Communication (15 points)
- FOUND303 Professional Project (30 points)
|Course Level||Diploma - Level 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Intakes||November 2021 / July 2022 / November 2022|
|Other Study Costs|