The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology enables students who have completed a computing bachelor degree to achieve a postgraduate level qualification in information technology. Students who have completed a degree level qualification in a related area (e.g. Business, Visual Arts, and Science) and have appropriate IT work experience in a junior/middle management position, or tertiary graduates who have appropriate work experience in a middle/senior management position, and wish to improve their skills and gain a higher level qualification may also apply.
Graduates will have an understanding of the broad conceptual and theoretical elements involved in the information and communications technology area. These areas include:
- A sound knowledge of the information technology environment and its effective management.
- The ability to analyse the needs of business and make recommendations for IT services and systems.
- The ability to advise on, develop and implement innovations leading to a more efficient use of resources within a dynamic information technology environment.
- The ability to relate to and communicate effectively with personnel and clients having diverse backgrounds.
- The motivation for continued learning and self-development to cope effectively with change.
- An understanding of the legal, regulatory and ethical frameworks of the IT sector.
|Course Level||Postgraduate Diploma|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Intakes||16 March, 17 August|