The Graduate Diploma in Engineering (Highways) aims is to provide the highway engineering industry with candidates with the technical and management skills to function at middle management level.
Careers could include design, construction and maintenance of roads, project management, infrastructure planning and development, asset management, company management, local Government, and tertiary teaching.
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
On completion of the GradDipEng(Highways) graduates will be able to:
- Apply advanced technical knowledge in a highway design or construction environment
- Innovatively apply and modify practices in the field of highway engineering
- Creatively plan, design, control, budget and prioritise highway construction and maintenance programmes to standards required by the engineering profession
- Provide managerial input into highway engineering projects and activities
- Undertake a wide range of support activities, including organization, management, liaison and public relations, and be able to Implement and complete projects without direct supervision
- Analyse and evaluate technical and economic options
- Display substantial personal and professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exercise responsibility for the work of others, including cost effective allocation of resources
- Appropriate Degree (Engineering, Science, Geology etc) or similar
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in any band
NOTE: Students holding a relevant Engineering qualification may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning, reducing the courses required, and total cost of tuition.
|Course Level||Graduate Diploma|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Other Study Costs||$700|