The Diploma in Music and Event Management (Level 5) graduates will be able to
- apply the principles of effective management with an understanding of the music industry
- establish an effective management relationship with a performing artist over an extended period to enable the artist to achieve key artistic and business goals
- effectively manage musical events, from initial conception to closure, to ensure successful achievement of event goals and outcomes
- market and manage performing artists and musical events effectively and appropriately.
- understand the development of the music industry globally and within New Zealand
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
Music Management Studies including:
- legal requirements of management and best practice processes
- effective management strategies for teams and individuals.
Music Marketing including:
- key principles of marketing, including product or service promotion
Artist Management including:
- key principles and implementation of effective artist management.
Music Event Management including:
- key principles and managing live music events.
- effective speech and writing communication, and meeting management
- mediation and negotiation skills
- effective use of Information and Communication Technology
Music Industry studies including:
- key functioning and interaction of the components of music industry globally and in NZ
A wide range of jobs and contract opportunites exist in both the public and private sectors. Become an arts administrator, event organiser, promoter, a stage manager, booking agent or tour manager, manage a solo artist or band, work in music publishing, be a venue operator, or you may become self employed.
- Successfully completed a relevant recognised qualification OR be a minimum of twenty-five years of age and have at least one year’s practical industry experience.
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 5.5, no bands under 5.0, or equivalent.
|Course Level||Diploma - Level 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$18,000 (or if enrol 2 years then $19,500 first year + $10,000 second year)|
|Other Study Costs||$200 (Tai Poutini Polytechnic pays for Medical/Travel Insurance for their International Students)|