The Diploma in Contemporary Music Performance (Level 5) focuses on composing, arranging, performing and recording original material, and developing the marketing, business and communication skills every self-employed musician needs. Students will collaborate with other MAINZ students for live performances and recording projects, and create a portfolio of their work and build musical networks.
Graduates will have skills in the application of music theory, analysis and technology to effectively create and communicate musical ideas, and perform at an industry standard commensurate with paid performance work at small to medium sized venues as are commonly found in the New Zealand music industry. Graduates will have knowledge of the music industry and the business of music to apply to the processes involved in entering the music industry.
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
The programme content includes
- Music Theory
- Aural Perception
- Listening Analysis and Music Appreciation
- Composition and Arranging
- Primary Performance Skills
- Skills Exchange
- Advanced Business Studies
- Advanced Industry Studies
- Practise and Performance
- Recording Techniques
Join a band or become a solo artist, work as a session musician or songwriter/arranger for film, radio, television or advertising, become an itinerant music teacher or work in music retail.
- Successfully completed a relevant recognised qualification OR be a minimum of twenty-five years of age and have at least one year’s practical industry experience.
- English Language: IELTS (academic Test) 5.5, no bands under 5.0, or equivalent.
|Course Level||Diploma - Level 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||$18,000 (or if enrol 2 years then $19,500 first year + $10,000 second year)|
|Other Study Costs||$200 (Tai Poutini Polytechnic pays for Medical/Travel Insurance for their International Students)|