Graduates of the Certificate in DJ and Electronic Music Production (Level 4) are able to apply skills and knowledge to be competent to demonstrate technical skill in a range of DJ styles and perform solo or as part of a DJ performance group to an industry standard, commensurate with paid performance work at small to medium sized venues as are commonly found in the New Zealand music industry.
Graduates have the skills and knowledge to be able to participate actively in the DJ and music industries as full-time or part-time professional performers and electronic music producers and/or move on to further training in the areas of audio engineering, music and event management, or other careers in the creative sector.
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
Graduates will be able to produce beats and tracks using their skills with computers and industry-specific software and will be able to use their understanding of technology to discuss developments in contemporary digital DJ technology.
Graduates are able to demonstrate studio electronic and live music production skills including basic music keyboard skills and the ability to set up and operate small PA and lighting systems. They will have basic business, marketing, communication and self-promotion skills, and a professional attitude to their DJ business (including book-keeping, costing, health and safety issues and applying safe practice.)
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Use electronic music production and DJ techniques and processes to create and produce electronic music
- Create and produce electronic music using a range of sound and electronic music hardware and software, as well as music production and DJ techniques
- Apply music and sonic theory to create and produce electronic music
- Perform as a DJ with confidence and ability for an audience
- Create and produce electronic music and other sound-related works
- Apply a broad range of research skills to inform own DJ practice
- Operate in DJ and related industries using a range of personal and interpersonal skills and safe practices
- Apply understanding of the DJ and electronic music industry to develop own career plan
This qualification is for individuals who wish to develop their experience and practice in DJ and electronic music. It provides the music industry with performers who have a limited repertoire of DJ and electronic music production skills that allow them to perform in community and professional contexts.
Graduates can contribute to the cultural, social and economic life of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Become a self-employed DJ or music entrepreneur, produce electronic music for live performance or broadcast, or work in radio or event promotions.
- By interview or similar
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 5.5, no bands under 5.0, or equivalent.
|Course Level||Certificate - Level 4, 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Intakes||2020 Dates to be confirmed|
|Tuition Fee||$19,500 (2020)|
|Other Study Costs||$200 (Tai Poutini Polytechnic pays for Medical/Travel Insurance for their International Students)|