The Bachelor of Musical Arts will equip you with the skills and attributes required to enjoy a rewarding career as a professional musician. There are 3 strands of study available.
Audio Engineering and Music Production. Gain a deeper understanding of production styles and techniques, demonstrate a range of music production and audio engineering skills, learn how to organise artists and musicians in the studio setting and manage a recording budget.
Contemporary Music Performance. Music transcends boundaries, communicates and inspires. Enhance your performance, writing and production skills, and further explore music theory and history.
Electronic Music Production. Delve into the history and development of electronic music; learn the fundamentals of sound and music theory; deepen your creative practice and develop your unique style; produce, design, mix and master your own tracks.
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
All strands have the same broad outcomes. Graduates will
- have a thorough knowledge of the principles of written music, harmony and commercial music theory that will allow them to interact with and lead other musicians in a variety of situations.
- Possess the understanding and perception of music that will allow them to engage in many musical and artistic situations, and develop a sustainable career.
- Have the ability to analyse and evaluate new information, concepts and evidence from a wide range of sources and communicate this information in a reasoned and accessible manner.
- Have the skills and processes necessary to contribute effectively to the ongoing development and growth of a strong music community within New Zealand and beyond.
- Be able to function within a professional body of musicians in the broader popular/rock music community as a performer, writer or producer.
Careers include including teaching, performance, journalism, production and composition.
The world’s your stage and you’re ready to find your place in the global music industry. Become a performer, musician, songwriter, composer, producer, audio engineer, music teacher or writer. Realise your potential.
- Academic Equivalent of New Zealand High School graduation qualification, with a background in music
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 6.5 or equivalent. No band less than 6.0
|Course Level||Bachelor Degree|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Other Study Costs||$200 (Tai Poutini Polytechnic pays for Medical/Travel Insurance for their International Students)|