“Creativity with connections that count”
- Choose New Zealand
- Main Campus is in Greymouth, with specialised campuses in Auckland and Christchurch. Courses from Level 1 – 7 that serve the needs of their community, with some specialisations.
- Innovative, quality, and vocational education for learners with niche specialist industry training. Employable graduates who are work ready for a diverse and changing global economy. Auckland is a cosmopolitan centre, and the West Coast is a quiet wonder with untouched and wild landscapes.
- The region has wonderful local resources, and provides excellent courses in Outdoor Education, Ski Patrol, and Jade carving. It also specialises in Music and sound production, and courses related to the music business, such as Event Management, and Business Enterprise.
- MAINZ (Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand) is a department of TPP, with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch-offers a range of programmes covering all aspects of music industry. Our excellent facilities include professional recording control rooms and studios, computer suites, hi-tech rooms, and rehearsal and performance spaces. MAINZ is known for music and audio.
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- Graduate outcomes show significant gains in transferable skills and knowledge with high course and qualification completion rates. The majority of full-time students gain employment in a related field.
- Student evaluations indicated a high level of respect for, rapport with and support from the tutors, and TPP has instigated teaching excellence awards for high-performing staff.
- TPP is described by staff members as an institute where students “tell us what you want and we’ll do it”.
- With the low number of international students, each student is known by staff, ‘as in a family environment’, with staff being proactive in identifying students’ needs.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic (TPP) is a Government-funded tertiary education institution, offers a wide variety of quality vocational education and training programmes reflecting the needs of this unique region. It also offers a range of niche programmes elsewhere in New Zealand. We work closely with industry to ensure our programmes are responsive to industry needs and offer a competitive employment advantage. We believe in the value of life-long learning and many of our programmes can also be used as a pathway to further education or training. All TPP programmes have NZQA approval and are designed to give you a strong foundation in your chosen career
TPP is one of the main tertiary education providers on the West Coast as the head office and main campus is in Greymouth, with campuses in Auckland, Christchurch, Westport, Reefton, Hokitika and Wanaka.
Our tutors are passionate about teaching and keen to share their skills and experience. They are all experts in their field and maintain strong industry networks and connections. Our students achieve success, both in their studies and in finding employment after graduation.
Many people have trouble pronouncing the name of our Polytechnic. These are two separate words with the first syllable of the second word emphasised.
Ty PO ten e
Ty as in tie a knot
PO as in “big toe”. This syllable is stressed.
Te as in “10”
Ne as in Knee
TPP provides access to innovative, quality, vocational education for learners on the West Coast and in niche specialist industry training on a national basis.
TPP empowers students to succeed
Add to favourites Help me apply>