Specialising in Early Childhood Teacher Education
- Choose New Zealand
- Campuses in both Auckland and Christchurch cities
- NZTC is a private tertiary education establishment specialising in early childhood teacher education. They have gained significant professional recognition for graduates.
- All qualifications range from Level 5 to Level 9: Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees are approved and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Early Childhood Education) and Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) are approved by the Education Council of Aotearoa New Zealand, which means that graduates are eligible to apply for teacher registration in New Zealand.
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- Students are achieving excellent results. NZTC has consistently exceeded sector medians for the last three years, benchmarking itself against other institutes.
- Education and training programmes deliver valued outcomes to the students, their families, graduates and the early childhood education sector, and positively contribute to New Zealand.
- The college has succeeded in forging strong reciprocal relationships with the early childhood education sector. Early childhood education centres provide opportunities for students to put into practice the knowledge and skills learnt on the courses through employment, voluntary or fieldwork situations.
- The college is innovative, as shown by the huge investment in online delivery and support, the approach to qualification staircasing from certificate to postgraduate levels, varied delivery modes and international relationships.
NZTC is a private education establishment specialising in early childhood teacher education with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch. The college was founded in 1982 by Kindercare Learning Centre, a high quality New Zealand early childhood and education provider. Throughout our history we have gained significant sector professional recognition for our graduates and New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA) accreditations for our qualifications.
Over 30 years on and NZTC continues as a national leader through our commitment to high quality early childhood professional and teacher education programs that reflect the ever evolving needs for the sector.
Highlights of the External Evaluation and Review report:
- Students are consistently achieving excellent results
- High graduate employment rate for with the majority of NZTC graduates working as teachers or management
- Strong student support strategy including academic and pastoral assistance
- Effective mechanisms in place to meet the needs of students and stakeholders
- Accessible communication channels for feedback and discussion
- Strengthened program review process to ensure highest standards in program development, delivery and assessment
Roll: Domestic 706 (EFTS), International 282 (EFTS)
NZTC aims to empower people to become effective early childhood educators who respond to the needs of children and communities, by providing comprehensive and professional programs based on the values of vision (te mata), heart (manawa), competence (poutama) and spirit (wairua). Modes of delivery include distance (online), blended, college based and field based.
Why study with NZTC?
95% of our graduates recommended studying with us (NZTC 2014 Graduate survey)
- A national leader: NZTC has been specialising in early childhood teacher education for over 30 years, offering high quality, professional qualifications that reflect the evolving needs of the early childhood education sector.
- NZQA approved: our programs of study blend theoretical and real-world learning to ensure you get the very best learning experience, to benefit the children and their families in your care.
- Flexible modes of learning: Designed to suit different learning styles and lifestyles, we offer a choice of study options to ensure you receive a quality and enjoyable learning experience.
- Manage your commitments: Our online learning environment, allows you to balance your work and family commitments, so that you can study your way, in your time, from anywhere you have internet access.
- Gain NZ teacher registration: Graduates of our Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood Education) and Graduate Diploma in Teaching (Early Childhood Education) are eligible to apply for teacher registration with the New Zealand Teachers Council.
- NZTC successfully gained accreditation from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority for the Graduate Diploma in Teaching (ECE) and the Bachelor of Teaching (ECE), so students who wish to live and work in Australia gain early childhood teacher status in that country.
- NZTC has a China Ministry of Education approved Sino-New Zealand cooperation programme in early childhood education in place.
NZTC has campuses in both the North and South Island of New Zealand. Our North Island campus is located in Auckland, the largest city in New Zealand with a population of more than 1.4 million people, and our South Island campus is in Christchurch with a population of 368,000. Both campuses are centrally located and easily accessible using the public transport system.Add to favourites Help me apply>