“Creativity with connections that count”
- Choose New Zealand
- Main Campus is in Greymouth, with specialised campuses in Auckland and Christchurch. Courses from Level 1 – 7 that serve the needs of their community, with some specialisations.
- Innovative, quality, and vocational education for learners with niche specialist industry training. Employable graduates who are work ready for a diverse and changing global economy. Auckland is a cosmopolitan centre, and the West Coast is a quiet wonder with untouched and wild landscapes.
- The region has wonderful local resources, and provides excellent courses in Outdoor Education, Ski Patrol, and Jade carving. It also specialises in Music and sound production, and courses related to the music business, such as Event Management, and Business Enterprise.
- MAINZ (Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand) is a department of TPP, with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch-offers a range of programmes covering all aspects of music industry. Our excellent facilities include professional recording control rooms and studios, computer suites, hi-tech rooms, and rehearsal and performance spaces. MAINZ is known for music and audio.
The Government report (ERO) says: (Full Report here)
- Graduate outcomes show significant gains in transferable skills and knowledge with high course and qualification completion rates. The majority of full-time students gain employment in a related field.
- Student evaluations indicated a high level of respect for, rapport with and support from the tutors, and TPP has instigated teaching excellence awards for high-performing staff.
- TPP is described by staff members as an institute where students “tell us what you want and we’ll do it”.
- With the low number of international students, each student is known by staff, ‘as in a family environment’, with staff being proactive in identifying students’ needs.
MAINZ- The Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand is a faculty of Tai Poutini Polytechnic (TPP) with campuses in Auckland and Christchurch, offers a range of programmes designed with the music industry in mind. Whatever your passion-music performance or DJ and electronic music production, live sound, audio engineering or even management- you will get the best start at MAINZ.
MAINZ has an enviable reputation over the years for its high quality programmes and covering all aspects of the music industry. Our tutors are all seasoned industry professionals, with extensive knowledge and experience to share. Your learning will have a strong practical focus. MAINZ is supported by industry and responsive to industry needs.
Our programmes are supported by industry, responsive to industry needs and approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. MAINZ has campuses in Auckland Central and Christchurch and also runs its Foundation programme in Greymouth and South Auckland (OMAC).
We are proud of our extensive training facilities at our two campuses at 150 Victoria St in the CBD Auckland, and 191 High St Christchurch. We have recording studios, rehearsal rooms, an auditorium, MIDI suites, music instruments, and a wide range of live sound equipment. All our saff not only work at MAINZ, but also are professionally active in the entertainment industry and are therefore excellent role models for students.
We prepare students for the workforce so all our programmes have a high practical content. For example the Live Sound students are actively involved in running 19 separate gigs for the Smokefree Rockquest each year. Our diploma programmes are designed in such a way that students can go on to study at universities if they so wish.
About Tai Poutini Polytechnic (TPP) is one of the main tertiary education providers on the West Coast, of the South Island, TPP offers a wide variety of quality vocational education and training programmes reflecting the needs of this unique region. It also offers a range of niche programmes elsewhere in New Zealand.
TPP’s head office and main campus is in Greymouth, with campuses in Auckland, Christchurch, Westport, Reefton, Hokitika and Wanaka.
150 Victoria Street West
New Zealand’s largest and most deliver city, Auckland is a fantastic place to live, work, study and play.
Victoria Street is home to the Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand (MAINZ) and our Auckland MAINZ students. The campus is situated close to major bus and motorway routes and has state-of-the-art facilities and great programmes. Students enjoy the use of state-of –the-art recording studios, computer labs, rehearsal rooms, DJ booths and a fully equipped auditorium.
Christchurch: 191 High Street
Christchurch is a city on the up, re-investing itself of the future. As the rebuild takes shape. It’s definitely an exciting place to be.
High Street is home to the Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand (MAINZ) Christchurch Campus. We have purpose-built facilities, and offer programmes in Audio Engineering, Live Sound & Event Production and DJ & Electronic Music Production, while our separate live sound space on Kind Edward Terrace is an excellent rehearsal and performance venue.Add to favourites Help me apply>