- How we can help
- Support: Guardianship services
Support: Guardianship services
When your child is away from home, you will want to know that they are safe and doing well. ChooseNZ offers a Guardianship service to monitor a student’s progress and well-being, and report to parents in their language.
Our Guardianship Service includes:
- Before and when student arrive:
- Arrange the best deal on air ticket costs with the local and international travel agencies if required.
- Assistance with purchase of medical and travel insurance for all international students with one of New Zealand’s most respected and knowledgeable travel insurer.
- Arrange the pre-arrival communication and booklet.
- Airport arrival greeting and transfer to homestay family or transfer-service from International Terminal to Domestic Terminal.
- Welcome Orientation after you arrive in New Zealand to tell you more about New Zealand lifestyle, customs, and school life.
- Help student to settle in:
- Arrange a free mobile SIM Card plus top up of NZ$20.00 for the first month.
- Assistance with opening bank account.
- Arrange for doctor/hospital visits when and if required.
- Assistance to register with a General Practice Doctor.
- Assistance to claim Insurance with our travel insurance provider.
- Arrange the best deal on air ticket costs with the local and international travel agencies during the holiday break period.
- Assistance with finding new accommodation and arranging the necessary services with moving company or our contractor (extra charges apply).
- Monthly communication with student by phone/email.
- Assistance to communicate on behalf of students with student’s education provider relating with any concerning issues.
- Look after student while studying:
- Attending school’s parent information meeting and parent interview and corresponding in their native language the meeting report directly to student’s parents/agency in home country.
- Arrange with trust account to manage student’s living expenses on behalf of parents if required
- Interview student face to face as required/on request, send a report to parents, and raise issues with the school on request.
- Liaise with the educational institution, including signing documents with the educational institution on behalf of the parents.
- Assistance to communicate between school, parents and students if required.
- Arrange the 24/7 personal safety and protection with the third party (2 Life security protection)
- 24/7 emergency contact hotline and emergency assistance if required.
- Arrangements/assistance for parents to come to visit their children for example: airport transfer, accommodation arrangement, school visit (Note: we only provide information re third party service to parents, they are liable for all bills).
Download our booklet to know more details of our Comprehensive Services for International Students.
Read more about The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice 2016