The Certificate in Audio Engineering and Music Production (Level 5) provides a solid foundation in the theory and practice of recording and mixing music on computers and in a studio setting. Learn how to use a range of music tools and software, including Apple Logic, Ableton Live, AVID Pro Tools and MIDI controllers and synthesisers.
With its mix of theory and practical activities, you’ll learn how to apply basic engineering skills in the MAINZ recording studios. Hone your music production skills by working on a variety of computer-based projects in collaboration with other MAINZ students.
To further enhance your career prospects and increase your chances of employment we recommend you complete the Diploma in Audio Engineering and Music Production (Level 6).
STUDY HIGHLIGHTS SUMMARY
- Interactive media
- Sound for picture
- Radio and commercial production
- Sound theory and acoustics
- Principles of recording
- Mixing consoles
- Equalisation, dynamics and effects
- Live sound equipment and skills
- Mix-down and mastering
- Music theory and song writing
- Electronic music production
- Practical studio operation & Industry studies
- Academic Equivalent of New Zealand High School year 12 completion OR aged 20 years or older with relevant work, or industry experience
- English Language: IELTS (Academic Test) 6.0, no bands under 5.5 equivalent.
Preference will be given to applicants with very good school results in Maths, Physics and/or Music, and Applicants may be required to be interviewed.
|Course Level||Certificate - Level 4, 5, 6 or 7|
|Study Type||Full Time|
|Tuition Fee||18,000 (or if enrol 2 years then $19,500 first year + $10,000 second year)|
|Other Study Costs||$200 (Tai Poutini Polytechnic pays for Medical/Travel Insurance for their International Students)|